Proudly Serving South Dakota including - Watertown, Aberdeen, Sioux Falls and nearby
Friday, October 20th, 2017 by Sabrina Pincombe
In 2016, over 90,000 people received treatment in Emergency Rooms for ladder related injuries. Most commonly for fractures from falling. Ladder related injuries has increased 50% over the past decade! As we all know, ER visits are not cheap. The average cost of an Emergency Room visit in the U.S. is; $1.233.00. Ouch!
There are many ways to get injured while on a ladder. Most injuries occur when the ladder is not properly stabilized or on even ground. Leaning a ladder against the roof or gutters can also cause a ladder to fall.
Here are the top 5 reasons from the Bureau Labor of Statistics:
1. Holding objects while climbing up or down a ladder
2. Having wet or greasy shoes on.
3. Ladders not being secured or braced at the bottom or secured at the top
4. The average person is not trained to inspect and identify defects before using a ladder
5. The average person is not provided proper consulted written instructions on safely using a ladder.
Replacing your current gutters with The LeafGuard Gutter System is a permanent solution for never having to get on a ladder and clean clogged gutters again! The LeafGuard Gutter System works on the scientific principle of liquid adhesion. The gutter's patented, curved design allows rainwater to travel down, around and into the gutter while deflecting leaves and debris. LeafGuard Gutters are backed with a lifetime no-clog gurantee, or WE will clean it for free! Get it and forget it!
our service area